Year 4 visit to The Museum of London
Year 3 visit to Science Museum
Reception Class visit to Horniman Museum
Friends of Baring
Help raise funds to improve our school playground every time you shop at no cost to you!
Read about it here.Friends of Baring need volunteers! Can you help?
If you are interested in supporting the school as part of our PFA please telephone or email the school and someone will get back to you! (Call the school on 020 8857 5637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our Friends of Baring (FoB) noticeboard in the playground lists events we have coming up.
Friends of Baring are formed from a group of volunteers (staff and parents/carers) who aim to support the school.
As a group we aim to;
- Raise funds to pay for extra resources for the school and education of all pupils
- Develop local community cohesion through our activities
- Encourage and enable parents/carers to become more involved in school life
- Link up with our school council to develop pupils’ skills and experiences in fundraising, helping the school and local community
We are always looking for new members to help us raise money and to get involved in whatever way they can, to help make Baring an even better school.
- Are you good at fundraising?
- Are you really organised?
- Are you creative?
- Or sporty?
- Do you love baking cakes?
- Talking to people?
- Do you love painting faces?
- Do you work for a bank or other institution that could sponsor an event or match fund our fundraising activities?
Fundraising for charity
Each September the children at Baring vote for several charities that they want to support each term. School council then comes up with fun and creative ways we can raise money for them. We always have a Christmas Jumper Day for Shelter and our Nursery always does the Big Toddle for Barnardos.
Some of the charities the children have voted for in the past are:
- Comic Relief
- Sports Relief
- Poppy Appeal
- London City Mission
- Diabetes UK
- Carers Lewisham
How has the fundraising make a difference to children’s learning?
With the money raised we have been able to do many things to benefit our children.
Some things we have purchased for the school are:
- Cameras for each classroom – to document children’s learning
- Lego Education Kits to support the teaching of control and data logging in Key Stage 2
- Story Phones – digital headphones to support speaking, listening and literacy in the EYFS (Nursery and Reception) and Y1
- Play equipment for the playground – to make playtimes more fun
- Caring Christmas Tree – to support Christmas activities and celebrations
- A commemorative bench
- 4 Parasols and stands – to provide shade in the playground and other areas
- School display cabinet – to keep our trophies safe and on show
- Playground benches and games
- Mounted games on playground
- Playground adventure trail
- Year 6 books funded every year as a celebration of each child’s school life at Baring as they transfer to secondary school