Sport at Baring
Baring Primary School has a long history of success in sports, competing in the School Games in Lewisham and representing the borough in the London School Games in hockey and girl's football. We have also competed for around 20 years in the Lewisham Football League.
Following the school closures and disruption to sports competition and swimming, we have committed to additional sports sessions for all children and a catch-up programme for the children who have missed swimming lessons.
In addition to quality PE sessions, delivered by our skilled teaching staff, we also offer:
- Excellent coaching from our specialist football coach (Coleen), Blackheath Hockey Club (Sam), Shooters Hill Tennis Club and Platform Cricket.
- Provision of a range of extra-curricular sports clubs, such as football, karate, hockey and a general sports.
- Intensive swimming lessons for our Year 6 to provide catch-up for missed sessions during Covid-19 lockdowns.
- Opportunities in 2022/23 for children to play competitive football, as we will be entering 3 teams in the Saturday Lewisham Football League, Boys 3/4, Girls and Boys 5/6
- OPAL playground design and provision for all the children in the school.
- Further opportunities for physical activity in our weekly Forest School sessions.
We have received £17,870 in Sports Premium additional funding to improve our provision of PE and Sport for 2021/22. We Received similar funding for 2022/23Se